GotW3 Router Troubleshooting
Completed New SIM card Update and speeds were good then dropped off.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
Old SIM Card number:
New SIM Card number:
Along with the Subject: Speeds were good but slow now. This is a known issue and GotW3 is working on the solution.
New SIM Card and APN Update Troubleshooting Instructions
Go to www.gotw3.com/simcardupdate in your internet browser.
On this website page you’ll see a field, “Old SIM Card Number.” Type in your Old/Current SIM Card Number into the field. Click on the “Validate” tab.
You’ll now be prompted to enter your new SIM card number. Your new SIM card number is on your new SIM card affixed at the top of this letter. After you enter your new SIM card number, click on “Submit.”
You should now see this message on your screen: “Your SIM has been validated and your new SIM card will be activated in 24–48 hours.”
Customers who do not have internet service after Activation should perform a hard reset. Here’s how:
- There is a hole on the back of the router labeled Reset.
- With the router on, push a straight pin or the end of an open paperclip into the hole.
- Hold it in place for about 20 seconds, until the router flashes and then comes back on.
If Customers need to perform a factory reset, for security reasons, it is recommended they change the default passwords to their own unique passwords by logging back into the router.
The Factory Defaults for the C4R400 Router are:
- WiFi password: 1234567890
- Router password: admin (all lower case)
- APN default should be ‘broadband’
In most cases the hard reset will result in an APN change to ‘broadband’ and service will be restored. (Customers should now be using the ‘broadband’ APN setting for gotW3 service and
NOT USE the ‘vpn.accessmylan.net‘ or ‘accessrgn.net‘ until further notice.)
What to do if the hard reset does not restore service:
The next step is for Customers to verify that their apn is ‘broadband’ – here’s how.
- Establish a connection to their C4R400 router’s Wi-Fi
- SSID-Network name: LTE_CPE ####
- Default Password: 1234567890
- Using any browser, type 192.168.100.1 into the URL bar (they cannot use the search bar – it will not work)
- Log in with this password: admin
- Click on network settings, and then click on APN on the left hand side. Look at the APN setting – it should be set to ‘broadband.’
- If is indicates ‘broadband’ they should turn off their gotW3 router for 5 minutes, and then turn it back on.
If a Customer’s APN is ‘broadband’ but the Customer is still having connectivity challenges, please tell them to contact us at:
Customers whose APN is NOT ‘broadband’ need to follow these steps while they are logged into the router:
- On the left side of the first screen of the router’s interface – where it shows connection status, click where it says ON to turn connected status off.
- In the middle of the GUI it says Network Settings and WiFi Settings. Select Network Settings.
- Third option down on the left-hand side in the Network Settings menu is APN. Select APN.
- You’ll see Auto and Manual for the APN. Select Manual.
- A blue button with white letters, ADD NEW, will appear. Select ADD NEW.
- For the PDP Type leave as IPV4.
- For the profile name, type in all uppercase letters ATTB2.
- For the APN, type in all lowercase letters type broadband.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click APPLY. Success should pop up on the screen.
- Now click SET AS DEFAULT. Success should pop up on the screen.
- Go to Network Settings, then Network information, and then Reset Connection.
- Turn the router back on (connected status) and you’ve set the APN.
If after following these steps a Customer is still experiencing connectivity issues, please tell them to contact us at: email@example.com.
Also the Carrier is aware of issues and working on them. We are in contact with the Carrier daily and will keep you updated.